How to Enable Salesforce Real-time Syncing
When you enable real-time Salesforce syncing, Mixmax will immediately become aware of changes to your Salesforce instance. Here are some examples of situations where real-time syncing will really make a difference:
- If you create Leads or Contacts in Salesforce in bulk, your team will see those records right away in the Mixmax sidebar in Gmail.
- If you’re using Salesforce rules, i.e., to send a sequence to new Leads who sign up for a webinar, your rule will run and the sequence will send as soon as the Lead is created.
- Tasks created in Salesforce will appear in Mixmax in near real-time.
- You and your team will need the Mixmax Enterprise or Growth plan. Interested in one of these plans? Contact sales.
- Select a designated Salesforce Super User.
- Your Salesforce plan must support Force.com Apex. This is available on Salesforce Enterprise Edition.
Important info re: your bulk API quota
When testing what this looks like in sandbox, we know often times our customers may have multiple applications being tested at once. To get the most accurate representation of what the initial real-time sync bulk API usage will look like, we recommend limiting as much as possible other concurrent experimental packages that are running in your sandbox at the time of the test.
You’ll see a page that looks like this. Choose Install for All Users, and click Install.
Approve Third-Party Access. This allows Salesforce to send data directly to Mixmax.
Next, you will see this success page:
Click Done and you will be brought to the Installed Packages page.
After that, you need to update the Mixmax Custom Setting in Salesforce with your Mixmax Workspace API Token.
Copy this token onto your clipboard and go back to Salesforce. In Setup, search for Custom Settings.
Click Manage next to Mixmax Setting.
Click Edit at the top of the page to update your Mixmax Settings:
Paste the token into the field Mixmax Token and click Save.
You should see the token saved. As long as you continue to have a Salesforce Super User and this token set, Salesforce Realtime will be working. No more setup required!
Disabling Mixmax Real-time Syncing
There are two ways to disable real-time syncing.
- You can revoke your API token on the Integration settings page in the Admin tab of Settings.
-- or --
2. Uninstall the Mixmax package directly from Salesforce. Info on how to do that here.