Create Salesforce Leads or Contacts from Sequences
On the Growth and Enterprise plans, with Salesforce connected, Mixmax can automatically create new Leads or Contacts directly from a Sequence. When enabled, once a recipient is added to a Sequence, they will also be added to Salesforce if the Lead or Contact doesn't already exist.
- Users must be on a Mixmax Growth or Enterprise subscription. See more here.
- Users must be connected to Salesforce. If a user is not connected to Salesforce, Mixmax will not be able to successfully create Leads or Contacts from a Sequence.
- Name details and all required information for a Lead or Contact to be created must be included in the sequence. In order for a Lead or Contact to be created from a Sequence, the Lead or Contact Name details and all the required fields in Salesforce must be added to the Sequence as variables. The variable names must match the Salesforce field labels.
For Name Details:
- Any of these parameters: Name, name, Full Name, Full name or full name -> with two words, e.g: Name equals to Dwight Shrute .
- Both of these parameters: First Name (or First name / first name) and Last Name (or Last name / last name) with one word each. For example, First Name equals to Dwight, Last Name equals to Shrute.
For Required Salesforce Fields:
When uploading a CSV to add recipients, please ensure that your CSV file contains columns filled with a value for each of the required Salesforce fields. The value in those columns will be needed to create the lead or contact - even if it is not used a variable in your sequence.
For example, if "Company" is a required field in your Salesforce instance to create the Contact or Lead, then the company name information must be present in the CSV column. Please see the example below:
How to Enable
To enable this feature, you would first need to create a sequence, enable the feature in the Advance Settings, then add your Salesforce required fields as variables on the "Add recipients" table.
1. Create your Sequence
Go to the Sequences Dashboard and click on New Sequence
Give your Sequence a Title and click Next: Edit stage
Finishing setting up your Sequence by adding Stages, then click Next: Confirm
2. Enable the feature in Advance settings
On the Sequence Settings page, click on Advanced Settings, then under Add new records for emails that don't exist, select Salesforce, then select Contact OR Lead
Click on Done once you're done setting up your Sequence
NOTE: When the settings are enabled to automatically create new Contacts in Salesforce that don't exist, Mixmax will automatically associate them to Accounts. This behavior mirrors how Mixmax will automatically select the related Account based on the Contacts’ domain like we do in the Mixmax Sidebar.
3. Add Recipients
Once the Sequence is created, click on Add People
On the Add recipient screen, click on the + sign to add your variable columns for each required field in SalesforceOnce you're done adding your recipients and variables, click on Next: Edit stages then Confirm & Activate.