Syncing emails with your Group
You can log email events to your Group Live Feed, Salesforce, and other services via Auto-bcc, so your Group is aware of all your important communication activity. For example, when you send an email to a customer, you can log the email to your Group Live Feed so everyone on the Group knows that you emailed Bernice about her renewal — and your Group can also see Bernice's opens, clicks, and downloads. The Starter plan and above can Sync to Mixmax Group Live Feeds. On the Small Business plan, you can auto-bcc your CRM or other service. And on the Growth and Enterprise plans, you can sync activity to Salesforce and Pipedrive.
How to set up syncing
- If you're on the Growth or Enterprise plan, Connect to your Salesforce account, so emails get logged with the appropriate Contact, Lead, Account, or Opportunity in Salesforce — and your recipients' opens, clicks, downloads, replies, and meeting confirmations get logged in their Salesforce Activity History.
- Growth or Enterprise users can also sync to Pipedrive records. See Syncing to Pipedrive for more details.
- If you're on the Small Business plan, add an email address to Auto-Bcc your CRM or other service, to automatically send a copy of an email wherever you need a record of it (you don't need to add an auto-bcc address if you've connected your Salesforce account).
- Create a Group so you can sync to Mixmax - Users on the Starter plan and above can view and sync to Group Live Feeds. With Group Live Feeds your Group can see your emails in your Group Live Feed. Head to your Mixmax Groups page to create a new Group.
- Once you've created a Group, head to your CRM & Group Live Feed Settings page, where you can choose whether to automatically send events to the Group Live Feed and Insights sections of the Mixmax web app. You can also choose whether to your Group members can view the content of the emails that you sync to Mixmax.
Exclude email domains and addresses from being synced
Of course, you don't want every email synced to your Group Live Feed or your CRM. You can specify email domains and email addresses to exclude. It's a good idea to exclude your own company's email domain, and any task management or other services you use. You can also exclude individual email addresses — so if you email your partner or friends from your work account, your correspondence won't end up in your CRM!
Turn syncing on/off for individual messages
You can always turn syncing on or off for individual emails, by clicking the Sync button in the bottom bar of the compose window:
Note: Syncing to Mixmax is not available to users on the Free plan.
Now you’ll know exactly when a Group member has reached out to an important contact, and you'll see when and how contacts engage with your Group's emails.