How many recipients can I send to with Sequences?
Sequences are fantastic for automating outreach and communications to hundreds of contacts. However, if you try to send to too many people at once, you might hit Gmail's sending rate limits — Gmail will think you're sending spam and won't send all your messages. To prevent this from happening, we have a sophisticated algorithm that makes it look to Gmail like you're sending the messages manually.
Because Mixmax sends your messages through your Gmail account, Mixmax is subject to any limitations set by Google, including rate-limiting. Google monitors the rate at which messages are sent through your account messages, not just the total number of messages you send in 24 hours. It means your account could be limited if you send a high volume of messages in a short period. Learn more about Gmail's specific account limits here.
Depending on your Mixmax plan, you can upload a CSV or import a list from Salesforce for the following number of recipients:
- SMB Plan: 10,000 active recipients [500 for SMB Trial Plan]
- Growth Plan: 10,000 active recipients [500 for Growth Trial Plan]
- Enterprise: 40,000 active recipients [500 for Enterprise Trial Plan]
Mixmax has safeguards in place to help prevent your account from getting rate-limited. We send the messages individually and space them over time per your Workspace's daily send limit. You can also send from multiple Gmail accounts - share your sequence with someone on your team. If you exceed your Mixmax plan's limit of active recipients in a sequence, not all
Several factors impact the exact number of messages you're able to send, including:
- If your bounce rate is high and/or you're sending to malformed or invalid emails, you are much more likely to be rate limited.
- If recipients mark your emails as spam, you are likelier to be rate limited. Each time a recipient clicks "Mark as spam" in Gmail, Gmail penalizes the sender by reducing their daily send quota by ~100 emails.
- Prior sending behavior on your account will impact what the limit is for you. Learn more about protecting your email reputation.
- The sending rate is just as important as the daily number of messages. G Suite customers can send up to 2000 emails per day — but cannot send all these emails simultaneously. Instead, sending must be spaced out over time.
You can click here to read about Gmail sending limits in Google Workspace if you want more information on email sending limits.
NOTE: If you routinely send emails to more than 10,000 people at once — i.e., for marketing automation — we recommend using a marketing automation tool. Mixmax is currently optimized for sending individual, personalized messages at scale directly from Gmail — but not for sending thousands of emails each day.