Why is Google Meet conferencing added to all of my calendar events?
If every calendar event you create via Mixmax has Google Meet conference call details added, you will want to disable this feature in your Google account. Here's a breakdown of how you can do this based on the type of Google account you're utilizing:
G Suite (custom email domain)
G Suite Administrators can disable this setting by following the instructions outlined below.
Here's how to change the setting:
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Apps > Google Workspace > Google Meet.
- Next to Service status, click the Down arrow.
- To apply the setting to everyone, leave the top organizational unit selected. Otherwise, select a child organizational unit or a configuration group.
- Select Off for everyone.
- Click Save. If you configured an organizational unit or group, you might be able to Inherit or Override a parent organizational unit, or Unset a group. Note: Changes typically take effect in minutes, but can take up to 24 hours. For details, go to How changes propagate to Google services.
More information about this can be found here.
Gmail (gmail.com domain)
If you're using a gmail.com domain, here's how to disable this setting in your account:
- Navigate to your Google Calendar.
- Click on the cog symbol at the top, right, and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to Event Settings.
- Uncheck the "Automatically add Google Meet video conferences to events I create" box.
Once this is complete, your settings should automatically be saved.