Why is Google Meet conferencing added to all of my calendar events?
If every calendar event you create via Mixmax has Google Meet conference call details added, you will want to disable this feature in your Google account. Here's a breakdown of how you can do this based on the type of Google account you're utilizing:
G Suite (custom email domain)
G Suite Administrators can disable this setting by following the instructions outlined below.
Here's how to change the setting:
- Sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Click Apps > G Suite > Calendar.
- Click Sharing settings.
- Under Video Calls, uncheck Automatically add video calls to events created by a user.
More information about this can be found here.
Gmail (gmail.com domain)
If you're using a gmail.com domain, here's how to disable this setting in your account:
- Navigate to your Google Calendar.
- Click on the cog symbol in the top, right and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to Event Settings.
- Uncheck the "Automatically add Google Meet video conferences to events I create" box.
Once this is complete, your settings should automatically be saved.