Update the Salesforce Lead or Contact when an email bounces
On the Enterprise plan, with Salesforce connected, you can use Mixmax Rules to build an automation that will update the Lead or Contact when an email bounces.
- Mixmax Salesforce Rules are only available on the Enterprise plan. Please Contact our Sales team to upgrade or request a demo.
- Connect directly to Salesforce from your Mixmax Account.
- Have a field in Salesforce on the Contact and/or Lead record. You can then select this field for Mixmax to update with a value from a picklist (if available) or a custom text.
Creating your Rule
- For individuals, head over to the Rules section on your account, and click on New Rule.
- If you're an admin, and you would like to build this workflow for your entire team, head over to the Rules page in the Admin section, and click on New Rule.
Next, give your rule a title.
Each Mixmax Rule has 3 steps: Trigger, Filter, and Action.
For the trigger, select Email.
Then, select An email is received and click on Continue
For your filter, click on Add Condition.
Next to "From (email)", click on the dropdown to select is a bounced email notification from the menu.
Your filter should look like this when you're done. Click on Continue after selecting your filter.
For your action, select Salesforce from the options.
On the next window, select Update the related Lead and click on Continue.
Next, select the field you'd like to update, then click on Add field.
Next, fill in the desired value for the field, and click on Activate & Close.
To update a Contact record from the same rule, click on Add action, then follow the same steps as above after clicking on Update the related Contact.