Mixmax allows users to decide if they would like to track opens, clicks, and downloads.
Turn Tracking On or Off For Individual Messages
You can choose what type of tracking to enable for each individual email. To do this, in the Compose window, hover your cursor over the Track button (the lightning symbol) on the bottom bar. You will see checkboxes to turn tracking on or off for opens, clicks, and downloads for this message. Click and download tracking are available on the Small Business plan and above. You can also turn on/off desktop notifications for this particular email in the same way.
Set Tracking Defaults
- Track opens: Know exactly when your email is opened.
- Track clicks: Know when someone clicks a link. Available on the Small Business plan and above.
- Track clicks on naked links: Enables when clicking on a URL rather than normal link text. This should normally be disabled to improve the deliverability of your emails.
- Track downloads: Know when someone downloads a cloud-hosted attachment. Available on the Small Business plan and above.
- Turn on real-time desktop notifications: Check this box to receive a desktop notification each time an email is opened, clicked, or downloaded.
- Show tracking indicators in Gmail or Inbox: Have the tracking lightning bolts visible for every tracked message in your Sent Mail folder.
- Disable tracking for EU recipients: To help you comply with the European Union’s GDPR privacy law, you can disable tracking for recipients in the EU.
Change Tracking Settings for Individual Sequences
You can toggle the same tracking settings on a per sequence basis as well. To do so prior to activating any Sequence, navigate to the "Settings" tab within the Sequence. Then select the option to track opens or clicks.
Note: If you choose not to track opens, you cannot send followup stages with the trigger "If not read". You can still send a sequence with followup stages "if not replied" and "regardless".
Download tracking in sequences is is determined per-stage. Users can enable or disable download tracking on a sequence stage by checking or unchecking the Tracked attachment box shown below. You will see this option in the sequence stage composition window when hovering over the paperclip icon.
Live Feed: See Opens, Clicks and Downloads
The Mixmax Live Feed is available on all of our paid subscription plans. Your Live Feed is a stream of activity that shows how your recipients are interacting with your emails. You'll see each open, click, and download event. You can filter to look only at Opened, Clicked, or Downloaded events by clicking those buttons in the top bar. On the Small Business plan and above, you can also see and filter for replies.
You can search by sender, recipient, sequence, template, activity, or dates sent in the search bar at the top.
With the Team Live Feed, you can see who your team is emailing, and whether their emails are opened, clicked, and downloaded. Only emails that are synced to Mixmax will appear on the Team Live Feed.
If you're on the Starter plan, your Live Feed (and Sent folder) shows events in the past 30 days. If you're on the Small Business plan or above, your Live Feed by default shows events for messages that have been sent in the last 30 days, but you can see much further back in time (we're working on making this infinite) by deleting "sent:last30days" in the search bar and searching again, or by specifying your own dates. All prior events are shown in your Sent folder (see below).
See Opens in Your Sent Folder
Find an email in your Gmail Sent folder and take a look at the lightning bolt. A grey lightning bolt indicates that no one has opened your message. A blue lightning bolt indicates that the message was opened — hover over the lightning bolt to see details on who opened and when.
Disable Tracking Settings to Improve Email Deliverability
Some tracking settings can affect the deliverability of your emails. If your messages are being marked as spam or suspicious, we recommend disabling Naked Link Tracking and/or using untracked Traditional Attachments.