Automatically Create New Leads or Contacts in Salesforce
Mixmax can automatically create a new Salesforce Lead or Contact if you email recipients that do not have an associated Salesforce record. This feature is available on the Growth and Enterprise plans.
How to Enable
To enable this feature you must first connect to Salesforce. Once connected go to your CRM and Team Live Feed settings, then place a checkmark next to Prompt me to create leads or contacts for records that do not exist in Salesforce.
You can also restrict users to only creating Leads, only creating Contacts, or having the option to do either.
How to Use
Once this feature is enabled you will be prompted to create a new Salesforce Lead or Contact if you attempt to send an email to a recipient who does not have a Salesforce record.
Upon clicking send you will be given the following options:
- Create a Lead - Use this option to create a new Salesforce Lead for your recipient. Fields displayed here are based on your CRM and Team Live Feed settings. Required fields are denoted by an asterisk. Click the Create Record and Send button when you're finished.
- Create a Contact - Use this option to create a new Salesforce Contact for your recipient. Fields displayed here are based on your CRM and Team Live Feed settings. Required fields are denoted by an asterisk. Click the Create Record and Send button when you're finished.
- Never create a record for this address - Select this option if you never want to create a lead for this recipient. The next time you try to send an email to this recipient you will not be asked to create a lead and your email will send immediately after clicking the send button.
- Send email without creating records - Your email will be sent without creating a Salesforce Lead for the recipient. Next time you email the recipient you will be asked again to create a lead.
- Back - Return to the compose window to continue editing your email.
Sending to multiple recipients
If you have multiple recipients in the To: field you will be able to create a new Lead or Contact for each recipient individually. In addition to the options above, you will also have the option to skip a recipient. This is useful if you do not want to create a Lead or Contact for specific recipients. Clicking the Send email without creating records button will skip creating a Lead or Contact for all recipients.