Automatically Create New Leads or Contacts in Salesforce
This feature is available on the Growth and Enterprise plans.
Mixmax can automatically create a new Salesforce Lead or Contact if you email recipients that do not have an associated Salesforce record.
How to Enable
To enable this feature, you must first connect to Salesforce. Once connected, go to your CRM and Team Live Feed settings, then place a checkmark next to Prompt me to create leads or contacts for records that do not exist in Salesforce.
You can also restrict users to only creating Leads, only creating Contacts, or having the option to do either.
If you're unable to see these options, your profile/role likely does not have the privileges to do so. In that case, reach out to your workspace admin for assistance. For more information, refer to the
Configure your Salesforce settings and Admin Settings documentation.
How to Use
Once this feature is enabled, you will be prompted to create a new Salesforce Lead or Contact if you attempt to send an email to a recipient who does not have a Salesforce record.
Upon clicking send, you will be given the following options:
- Create a Lead - Use this option to create a new Salesforce Lead for your recipient. The fields displayed here are based on your CRM and Team Live Feed settings. An asterisk denotes the required fields. Click the Create Record and Send button when you're finished.
- Create a Contact - Use this option to create a new Salesforce Contact for your recipient. The fields displayed here are based on your CRM and Team Live Feed settings. An asterisk denotes the required fields. Click the Create Record and Send button when you're finished.
- Never create a record for this address - Select this option if you never want to create a lead for this recipient. The next time you try to send an email to this recipient, you will not be asked to create a lead; your email will send immediately after clicking the send button.
- Send email without creating records - Your email will be sent without creating a Salesforce Lead for the recipient. Next time you email the recipient, you will be asked again to create a lead.
- Back - Return to the compose window to continue editing your email.
Sending to multiple recipients
If you have multiple recipients in the To: field, you can create a new Lead or Contact for each recipient individually. In addition to the options above, you will also have the option to skip a recipient. This is useful if you do not want to create a Lead or Contact for specific recipients. Clicking the Send email without creating records button will skip creating a Lead or Contact for all recipients.