What to do when you change your email domain
Things change — including email domains! Here's how to ensure that your team's Mixmax experience is smooth throughout the transition.
Are you changing the domain of the existing email accounts, or getting all new email accounts?
- If you're changing your domain and renaming users, you don't need to do anything with Mixmax. The Mixmax account is tied to the Gmail account, not the email address. If the user is still going to have the same email inbox as they did before the change, you are all set.
- If each person is getting a brand new email account, it's more complicated. We can't transfer the Mixmax account over to a new email account, but we can transfer some of the assets, like Templates. Read on!
Transitioning from old accounts to new accounts
- Accounts: We can provision the new accounts, so everyone in the organization is on the correct plan. Please send us a spreadsheet that lists each Mixmax user, the email address of the old account and the email address of the new account. Let us know which people in the organization will need organization admin permissions.
- Groups: You will need to re-create your Groups in your new organization.
- Templates: We can transfer your templates from the old account to the new account. Using the information in the spreadsheet you provide, we will transfer the templates accordingly.
- Sequences: We currently cannot transfer sequences between accounts. As a courtesy, we will leave the old accounts active for a few weeks, so active sequences can finish sending. Sequence analytics can be downloaded from the reports page using the Download CSV link. We recommend doing this before switching over your to your new account.
- Reminders and send laters: We are not able to transfer reminders or send laters between accounts. These can continue to send while the old account is still active; for emails that are scheduled far out in the future, please re-create them in the new account
- Live Feed: We cannot transfer live feed activity from one account to another. You can download a CSV copy of your Live Feed data using the Download CSV link.