Mixmax administrators can access additional admin settings on the Admin tab of the Mixmax settings page. Admin settings give workspace administrators additional controls over their workspace. Access to admin settings is controlled by the workspace member's profile, discussed below.
The Members tab on the Admin Settings page is where you can manage users in your Workspace. Here, you can manage your subscription, add and remove users from your Workspace, remove or reassign subscriptions, change roles, and assign Workspace admins.
Add new members to your Workspace by clicking the Add Members button. Members you add here will be charged to the payment method saved to your workspace.
If you're adding someone in the middle of your billing cycle, you'll be charged for a partial month or year (depending on the plan you've selected for yourself). At the start of your next billing cycle, you'll receive one charge for everyone's subscription.
If the person you're adding already has their own subscription, send a note over to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can cancel their existing subscription.
Automatically invite new members to join the following group(s)
If you are the admin for a Mixmax Group, when you add members to your Workspace, you can also automatically add them to a Group Learn more about Groups.
Creating & assigning Roles
Workspace admins can assign roles to each user. With roles, admins can configure default settings for particular sets of users (positions or departments). E.g.;
- Tracking ⚡ : disable tracking of EU recipients for GDPR, for everyone in marketing.
- Unsubscribe 📧 : enforce unsubscribe links in all sequences, for sales.
- Salesforce ☁️ : customize how activity syncs for your sales vs. success teams.
To create a new role, go to the Roles tab under Admin settings. To assign a role, click the drop-down menu under the Role column and choose an option from the list. The list of roles will correspond to the roles you have created in the Roles tab under Admin settings.
Mixmax users can either have the User profile or Admin profile. Workspace members with the Admin profile are granted full privileges to manage the Workspace, such as the ability to add subscriptions, assign roles, access all workspace assets, archive assets, and make changes to workspace settings.
The first member of a workspace will automatically be assigned the Admin profile. Each Workspace can have multiple Workspace Admins; Admins can change the profile status of other people in the Workspace.
Click on the dropdown menu next to a workspace member to upgrade to a new plan. You can compare plans at mixmax.com/pricing.
Once you chose your upgraded plan; you will see a window to accept the changes. If you don't see the plan you are looking for, please email email@example.com and we would be happy to help update your account.
Subscriptions are transferable. If you want to reassign a subscription to a different email address, click Reassign, and you'll be prompted to enter the new email address:
Workspace admins can cancel an account so that the subscription does not renew. Click the trash can icon next to the account that you wish to cancel:
Cancel all subscriptions
Workspace admins can cancel all subscriptions in the workspace by clicking the
Workspace admins can update the credit card details on the Billing tab. Subscriptions for this Workspace will be changed to the card listed here. Calling usage is also found here if you have Mixmax calling enabled.
Roles are a way for Workspace admins to create settings policies for subsets of users in the Workspace. A user's role determines several things:
- Mixmax sync settings: whether emails you send, and the recipients' opens, clicks, downloads, replies, and meeting confirmations, are synced to the Group Live Feed. You can also choose whether your Groups in your Workspace can view the content of your emails.
- Salesforce sync settings: whether your emails sync to Salesforce. You can also control whether recipients' opens, clicks, downloads, replies, and meeting confirmations sync to Salesforce.
- Greenhouse sync settings: whether your emails sync to Greenhouse. You can also control whether recipients' opens, clicks, downloads, replies, and meeting confirmations sync to Greenhouse.
- Exclusions: Emails that are sent to the domains and addresses listed here will not be auto-bcc'd or synced to the Mixmax Group Live Feed, Salesforce, or Greenhouse.
- Unsubscribe: Require that all sequences sent by that role include an unsubscribe link. You can customize the link. Learn more.
- Tracking: Disable all tracking on new messages and sequences for members of this role. Learn more.
Workspace Admins can create multiple roles, each with a customizable name, and each role can have its own separate sync settings for each of the categories above. You can also configure the sync settings so that individuals on a role can manage their own settings. When that option is selected, they can manage their own settings on their CRM & Team Live Feed settings page.
To manage roles, go to the Roles tab under the Admin settings tab. If you don't see the Admin settings tab, this is because you are not a Workspace admin; Contact your Workspace admin to request permission.
On the Integrations page, you can check to see if users in your Workspace are connected to integrations like Salesforce and Greenhouse. If they are not connected, you can invite them to connect by sending them an email.
For teams on Growth and Enterprise plans, Workspace admins can create Workspace-wide rules. Workspace rules are applied for all members of your Workspace. You can read more about Workspace rules in our article: Workspace Level Rules
On the Workspace tab, you can specify the default role for your Workspace, sent send limits, change the name of your workspace, and specify custom a domain for tracking and calendars.
When you add new users to your Workspace, they will automatically have the default role. You can change their role when you first add them, or at any time in the future. If you delete a role and there are users who are currently in that role, those users will automatically be switched to the default role.
Max Number of Daily Recipients
By default, if you activate a large number of recipients in a sequence, Mixmax automatically schedules your sequence to send to 500 recipients per day. Workspace administrators can adjust the number of recipients per day using the Max Number of Daily Recipients setting. See Max Number of Daily Recipients Setting for more details about this setting.
You can specify domains that can join your Workspace when users at that domain sign up for Mixmax. When a user at an allowed domain joins Mixmax they will see the option to join your Workspace. You can allow multiple domains to join your workspace.
This is the workspace name other users at your allowed domains will see when they join Mixmax.
Custom domains for tracking and calendars
Workspace admins can specify a custom domain for your Workspace, to be used in the following areas:
- Click tracking: when your recipients click a tracked link, they are very briefly brought to a URL with your domain, and then redirected to the link destination.
- Downloading a cloud-hosted attachment: when you send your recipient a cloud-hosted attachment and they download it from your email, a new tab briefly opens, from which they download their attachment. This tab will have your custom domain.
- Booking an event using Meeting Types: when you set up a Meeting Type, you get a designated URL from which your recipients can book time on your calendar. You can specify the domain for this custom URL.
Here's more on setting up custom domains for tracking and calendars.