Members & Billing Overview
The Members tab on the Members & Billing page is where you can manage users in your Workspace. Here, you can manage your subscription, add and remove users from your Workspace, remove or reassign subscriptions, change roles, and assign Workspace admins.
Add Members: Add new members to your Workspace. Members you add here will be charged to the payment method saved to your workspace.
If you're adding someone in the middle of your billing cycle, you'll be charged for a partial month or year (depending on the plan you've selected for yourself). At the start of your next billing cycle, you'll receive one charge for everyone's subscription.
If the person you're adding already has their own subscription, send a note over to email@example.com so we can cancel their existing subscription.
Invite people to join your Groups: If you are the admin for a Mixmax Group, when you add people to your Workspace, you can also automatically add them to a Group Learn more about Groups.
Change Roles: Workspace admins can change the role for each user. To select a different role, click the drop-down menu under the Role column and choose an option from the list. The list of roles will correspond to the roles you have created in the Roles tab of your Members & Billing page.
Promote Workspace Admin: Each Workspace can have multiple Workspace admins; Admins can change the admin status of other people in the Workspace. To make someone in your Workspace an admin, turn on the toggle under Can manage users and roles.
Upgrade your plan: Click Upgrade my plan to treat yourself to even more email superpowers. You can compare plans at mixmax.com/pricing.
Reassign account: Subscriptions are transferable. If you want to reassign an subscription to a different email address, click Reassign, and you'll be prompted to enter the new email address:
Cancel account: Workspace admins can cancel an account so that the subscription does not renew. Click the trash can icon next to the account that you wish to cancel:
Workspace admins can update the credit card details on the Billing tab. Subscriptions for this Workspace will be changed to the card listed here. Calling usage is also found here if you have Mixmax calling enabled.
Roles are a way for Workspace admins to create settings policies for subsets of users in the Workspace. A user's role determines several things:
- Mixmax sync settings: whether emails you send, and the recipients' opens, clicks, downloads, replies, and meeting confirmations, are synced to the Group Live Feed. You can also choose whether your Groups in your Workspace can view the content of your emails.
- Salesforce sync settings: whether your emails sync to Salesforce. You can also control whether recipients' opens, clicks, downloads, replies, and meeting confirmations sync to Salesforce.
- Greenhouse sync settings: whether your emails sync to Greenhouse. You can also control whether recipients' opens, clicks, downloads, replies, and meeting confirmations sync to Greenhouse.
- Exclusions: Emails that are sent to the domains and addresses listed here will not be auto-bcc'd or synced to the Mixmax Group Live Feed, Salesforce, or Greenhouse.
- Unsubscribe: Require that all sequences sent by that role include an unsubscribe link. You can customize the link. Learn more.
- Tracking: Disable all tracking on new messages and sequences for members of this role. Learn more.
Workspace Admins can create multiple roles, each with a customizable name, and each role can have its own separate sync settings for each of the categories above. You can also configure the sync settings so that individuals on a role can manage their own settings. When that option is selected, they can manage their own settings on their CRM & Team Live Feed settings page.
To manage roles, go to the Roles tab in your Members & Billing page. If you don't see a Roles tab, this is because you are not an Workspace admin; Contact your Workspace manager to request permission.
On the Integrations page, you can check to see if users in your Workspace are connected to integrations like Salesforce and Greenhouse. If they are not connected, you can invite them to connect by sending them an email.
For teams on the Enterprise plan Workspace admins can create Workspace wide rules. Workspace rules are applied for all members of your Workspace. You can read more about Workspace rules in our article: Workspace Level Rules
On the Settings page, you can specify the default role for your Workspace, and specify custom a domain for tracking and calendars.
When you add new users to your Workspace, they will automatically have the default role. You can change their role when you first add them, or at any time in the future. If you delete a role and there are users who are currently in that role, those users will automatically be switched to the default role.
Custom domains for tracking and calendars
Workspace admins can specify a custom domain for your Workspace, to be used in the following areas:
- Click tracking: when your recipients click a tracked link, they are very briefly brought to a URL with your domain, and then redirected to the link destination.
- Downloading a cloud-hosted attachment: when you send your recipient a cloud-hosted attachment and they download it from your email, a new tab briefly opens, from which they download their attachment. This tab will have your custom domain.
- Booking an event using Meeting Types: when you set up a Meeting Type, you get a designated URL from which your recipients can book time on your calendar. You can specify the domain for this custom URL.
Here's more on setting up custom domains for tracking and calendars.